Environmental Education Action Fund
Funding criteriaPreference is given to projects with clearly defined learning outcomes aimed to address a specific environmental issue or issues, and with strong community support.
Projects that receive funding are those where learners:
- Participate in an action based project
- Learn through experience and participation
- Decide on why and how to get involved
- Make meaningful contributions to improving their local environment
- Involve people in their community
- Gain skills and are encouraged and supported to take future action for the environment as a result of participating
NoteThe fund is about taking action. There is no funding for awareness raising, landscaping/ground maintenance, eco/enviro centre buildings, overseas travel, research projects or government authorities.
The maximum fund amount that can be applied for is $15,000. Projects can be funded for up to three consecutive years, but new applications will need to be made for each successive year.
How to applyThe Environmental Education Action Fund is now closed.
You can find out about eligibility and EEAF funding priorities in the 2020 application guidelines.
New funding rounds will be advertised here and for notifications about this fund you can sign up to our Kaitiaki Community Conservation newsletter.
For more information contact WWF on
Grant Administrator: 027 455 0051
Freephone: 0800 435 7993
Find out about previously funded projects
See our community projects map.