Environmental Education Action Fund
Funding criteriaPreference is given to projects that:
- Have clearly defined learning outcomes aimed to address a specific environmental issue or issues
- Facilitate, support or promote opportunities for people to take action for their environment
- Have sound project planning and evaluation processes
- Provide evidence of strong community support
- Enable teachers to deliver environmental education programmes as outlined in the Guidelines for Environmental education in New Zealand Schools (Ministry of Education, 1999)
- Schools and community groups in New Zealand can apply; preference is given to those with IRD charitable status.
NoteThe fund is about taking action. There is no funding for awareness, landscaping/ground maintenance, eco/enviro centre buildings, overseas travel, research projects or government authorities.
The maximum fund amount that can be applied for is $15,000. Projects can be funded for up to three consecutive years, but new applications will need to be made for each successive year.
How to applyApplications for this fund are currently closed. Instructions on how to apply will be available on our website when the fund opens for applications.
Click here to view the application requirements and criteria.
For more information
Call: 0800 435 7993
See our community projects map.