Our commitment and philosophy
- WWF does not collect any personal information about users, except that which is knowingly and specifically supplied to us by the user.
- WWF is committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information and complying with the Privacy Act 1993, which gives you the right to see or correct your personal information.
- Occasionally we make our customer list available to charities or companies whose products or services we feel you may be interested in. If you would prefer not to receive this information, please notify us, or tick the appropriate opt out box sent with correspondence, and return it to us.
- We always give you the option to unsubscribe from our mailing lists.
What information do we collect?
- Personal information such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth (where appropriate), bank details etc. We collect this information only in connection with specific activities, such as membership, campaigns, feedback, surveys, email newsletter subscriptions, volunteering etc. You don't have to disclose any of this information if you do not wish to.
- Non-personal information WWF collects data such as IP address (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many individuals use our site, how many people visit on a regular basis, which pages are most popular, and which pages are least popular. This information doesn't tell us anything about who you are or where you live; it simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
Where will the information be held?
Personal information submitted through the forms on this site is held only in our databases in Wellington, New Zealand.
Information for under 18s
If you are under 18, be sure to obtain your parent's or guardian's permission before you send any information about yourself (your name, address, e-mail address, etc.) to us or anyone else over the internet. We encourage parents to get involved with their children's usage of the internet and to be aware of the activities in which they are participating.
Your right to access the information
Under the Privacy Act 1993, you can ask us at any time for a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. You can also request that we correct or delete the personal information about you that we hold.
External linksThere are links on this web site that take you to other web sites outside of our service. Any links provided to third party web sites outside of this website are provided solely for your convenience.
The operation and content of such third party web sites is beyond our control, and we do not endorse in any manner whatsoever or accept any responsibility for the content or other material that may be contained on such web sites, the use of such web sites, or any products or services advertised on or sold through any such web sites.
We will not be liable under any circumstances for any damages whatsoever, direct or indirect, resulting from any use of this web site or any other third party web site linked to this web site, whether or not we are advised of the possibility of such damages.