Antarctic Marine Protection Officer
Do you have a passion for research and analysis across a range of disciplines?
Are you interested in working for the world's largest and most experienced independent conservation organisation?
If so, we want to hear from you!
WWF-New Zealand is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic person to provide the scientific and policy foundation for our work promoting the protection of the Southern Ocean. This new role will help us achieve our mission: a world where people live in harmony with nature - ‘Kia noho ngatahi te tangata ki nga kura taiao’.
The Antarctic Marine Protection Officer will be instrumental in providing the rigorous analysis and compelling arguments to achieve marine protected areas in the Southern Ocean, as well as thinking creatively about how best to do this.
In collaboration with other members of the WWF team in New Zealand and around the globe, the Antarctic Marine Protection Officer will undertake research, policy analysis and advocacy to:
- Support new and existing marine protected area proposals, including those for the Ross and Weddell seas.
- Develop a strategic perspective on marine protection for the Southern Ocean.
- Provide advice regarding the development of Antarctic Treaty guidelines for the designation of marine protected areas.
The successful applicant will need to have:
- Real-world research and policy analysis experience, in particular in marine and/or polar biodiversity conservation.
- A proven track record working autonomously and driving projects from inception to completion.
- A positive, solutions-focussed style and team-working skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
If this sounds like you, please email your CV and cover letter, by midnight Sunday 10th July 2016, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the role, please contact Bob Zuur on +64 (0) 27 444 3210 or email@example.com
Full details are in the Position Description.
Applications are welcome from New Zealand residents and those holding a current New Zealand work visa.