Antarctica and Southern Ocean Initiative Manager
Join a truly global initiative and help protect the biodiversity of the Antarctic and Southern Ocean.
WWF-Australia, the global conservation organisation, is seeking a manager with marine conservation skills in policy and advocacy for the WWF Antarctic and Southern Ocean Initiative (ASOI) to implement comprehensive marine protection in the Southern Ocean over the next three years.
About this role
The position works with the Program Manager to develop and implement Southern Ocean marine protected area strategies and engages with the Convention on the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR) and the Antarctic Treaty System.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- High level skills and experience in policy development and advocacy/implementation within national and international contexts and a record of developing pragmatic solutions to complex problems
- Technical knowledge of, and experience in, marine and/or polar biodiversity conservation
- Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills with experience advocating to senior stakeholders
- Project management skills and a track record working autonomously while driving projects from inception to completion
- Experience in the application of biodiversity conservation and sustainable fisheries management principles and practices in the context of work in the Southern Ocean is highly desirable. Fluency in a language such as Spanish, Russian, Japanese, French is also an advantage. The role requires frequent domestic and international travel.
A detailed position description with selection criteria is available above to download.
Enquiries: Bob Zuur on +64 27 444 3210.
WWF values a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send applications, with covering letter, CV and statement addressing the selection criteria via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Monday 19th January 2015.