Chief Executive Officer – WWF-New Zealand
• Influential environmental leadership role.
• Active member of the world’s largest conservation organisation.
• Opportunities to truly influence New Zealand’s sustainable development.
WWF-New Zealand (World Wide Fund for Nature) is part of the world's leading independent conservation organisation. WWF’s global mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future where people live in harmony with nature. We do this in New Zealand and around the world by working with local communities and in partnership with governments and businesses to create solutions to the most pressing environmental and sustainability challenges.
WWF-New Zealand is seeking an outstanding and energetic CEO to build on our significant achievements and to deliver continued growth and results. Reporting to the Chair and working closely with our Board of Trustees, you will bring vision, inspiration, and leadership to all facets of our organisation.
You will be responsible for:
• Leading an effective senior management team and driving a strong, positive organisational culture
• Ensuring that effective and sustainable programmes are developed and delivered effectively
• Driving advocacy and campaigning initiatives
• Building strong relationships across a complex network of national and international stakeholders
• Playing a full part in further improving the effectiveness of the WWF network, particularly in the Asia Pacific region
To be successful in this role, you will be a proven senior leader with the gravitas and presence to promote WWF-New Zealand with confidence and act as a compelling spokesperson for the organisation. You will have strong commercial acumen with experience growing funds and identifying opportunities for new income generation. Your experience working internationally or for globally-connected organisations will be complemented by a strong understanding of the New Zealand political and cultural environment, and a passion for safeguarding the natural world. The CEO will be expected to engage credibly with business leaders, policy-makers, and key influencers, requiring high levels of emotional intelligence and outstanding relationship management skills, and will embrace working with iwi in all areas of environment protection.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a robust and valued organisation, helping us to tackle some of New Zealand’s biggest environmental challenges and to build a future where people and nature can thrive.
This appointment process is being managed by Rothley on behalf of WWF-New Zealand. If you are interested in applying, please forward your resume to CV@rothley.co.nz or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Applications close Friday 3rd March.